Return to home
To search the archives for a specific interest, click here.
"Public Good Before Private Advantage"
May 10, 2006
1) Huntsville Earns Top 10 Green City Recognition
2) State Opens New Alabama Aquatic Biodiversity Center
3) Study Reveals Submerged Grasses Loss in Alabama
4) BEN Notes: Land Trust of Huntsville Executive Director Position, Ruffner Mountain Seeking Naturalist, Share the Beach/Adopt A Nest Sea Turtle Program, Building Communities Conference, ACF's 4th Annual Crawfish Craze, Alabama Water Watch Annual Picnic, Cahaba River Ramble, Dog River - Dog Paddle
April 7, 2006
1) Nature Conservancy and Forever Wild Save Thousands of Acres Along Perdido River
2) Local Birmingham Firm Purchases 4.3 Million Acres of Forestland
3) Ruffner Mountain to Expand 500-700 Acres
4) Governor Riley Makes AEMC Appointments
5) BEN Notes: Camp McDowell Seeks Program Coordinator, Earth Day Celebrations Across Alabama, Weeks Bay 20th Anniversary Celebration, Five Mile Creek Cleanup, Green Tie Affair, Ecycling Day
March 21, 2006
1) Alabama Waters Special: Number of Aquatic Species By State
2) ADEM's 2006 Pollution Prevention Awards
3) Chemical Weapons Destroyed in Anniston Update
4) First Legislative Bike Commute
5) BEN Notes: Camp McDowell Summer Workshops, EarthFest Calendar, Cahaba River NWR Support Group, Wolf Bay Trash and Treasures Fundraiser and Plant Sale, 2nd Annual State of Our Watershed - Tallapoosa River Basin, Jefferson County Household Hazardous Waste Day, Sustainable Community Gardening, Annual Alabama Planning Association Conference, Alabama Environmental Health Association Conference
March 9, 2006
1) Legacy Gifts Top Over $1 Million Since 2000
2) Alabama Water Watch Conducts 1000th Workshop
3) Recycling in Montgomery - A Profile
4) Episcopal Diocese of Alabama's "Stewardship of Creation" Guide
5) BEN Notes: Ruffner Mountain Job Openings, ARA's Watershed Leadership Conference, Outdoor Alabama Expo, Alabama Power's Renew Our Rivers, Alabama Earthfest Calendar Announced
February 21, 2006
1) ADEM Annual Report Numbers
2) President's Budget Proposes Public Land Sale
3) Forever Wild Tag Nets $200,000
4) List of Impaired Rivers Released
5) BEN Notes: Legacy Annual Partnership Conference, Derelict Crab Trap Removal Day, Youth Wildlife Art Contests, WildPaths Project, Outdoor Classroom/Schoolyard Habitat Planning Guide, Auntie Litter Videos Available, Land Trust of Huntsville Outdoor Schedule, Black Warrior and Cahaba Rivers Land Trust Name Change
February 9, 2006
1) Study: Waste in Catoma Creek Watershed
2) Alabama Ranks Poorly in "Green Planning"
3) Scenic Tree Summit to Address Hot Button Issue
4) Alabama's Nongame Wildlife Program Tax Checkoff
5) BEN Notes: Wanted: More "WRATTs", Alabama Wildlife Center's "Wild About Chocolate", B'ham Audubon Society Scholarships, Southeastern Lake & Water Management Conference, Author Janisse Ray To Speak in Auburn
The Bama Environmental News Archives continue here -
click to review the Archives between October 1998 and February 2006.
Top of pageTo search the archives for a specific interest, click here.
Please share BEN with friends and fellow conservationists.
If you have any questions about BEN, contact Pat Byington at